Head Chef Matthew Robinson has shared his secrets to create the perfect #bluebirdburger.
• Serves 4 •
400 g brisket
400 g rib flap
4 brioche burger buns
4 slices beef tomato
4 slices Monterey Jack cheese
100 g chopped iceberg lettuce
100 g burger sauce (mixture of ketchup and mayonnaise)
- To make the ultimate Bluebird Burger- first you need to get the meat right and use beef brisket & rib flap and cut into strips approximately 1cm wide.
- Place these strips on a plate and pop into the freezer to chill- ideally you want your beef to be 1°C. This is to stop the meat from losing its texture when it’s minced.
- Next step is to mix together and mince the meats. Once minced, roll the mince into 200g patties/burgers. If you don’t have a mincer then ask your butcher to do this for you.
- Place back in the fridge to chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Heat a grill pan or BBQ, season the patties/ burgers and place onto the grill or BBQ
- Cook on each side for 1 minute then place in the oven to finish off for 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow burgers to rest for 4 minutes.
- Assemble your burger by adding cheese and other garnishes! Et Voila the perfect Bluebird Burger!
Follow Matt Robinson on twitter @chefrobbo