Matt Robinson has created this delicious pâté which is ideal for a starter or light summer lunch served with a melba toast or fresh bread. It’s a great one for entertaining as it’s so easy to make and set aside.
• Serves 6 (1 portion = 12g)
70g smoked salmon
100 g double cream
40 g cream cheese
10 g fresh dill
10 g fresh chives
1 g salt
A small zest of lemon
- Firstly, pop your fresh smoked salmon into the blender and blitz whilst slowly adding the double cream.
- Whilst this is blitzing, get a separate bowl and combine the cream cheese, fresh dill, fresh chives, salt and lemon zest – taste to check the seasoning.
- Then take the blended salmon and fold into the cheese and herb mix and combine well.
- To recreate the Bluebird pâté, spoon into mini Kilner Jars and chill in the fridge for a few hours until set. If you don’t have the kilner kars then ramekins work well too.
- For an extra serving tip, serve with pickled cucumber.
Follow our Head Chef Matt on twitter @chefrobbo